Talking About Mental Health: May 2017
Throughout the school year, Dr. Lynn Woodford shares tips and resources for improving our mental health and well-being. Additional mental health resources for students and parents/guardians can be found on the board website.
The UGDSB is participating in Mental Health and Well-being Week from May 1 to 5 and so are our community partners.
Here are some of the events in the community for you and your family to participate in:
CMHAWW is presenting the following:
- May 1: Canadian Comedian and Mental Health Advocate Mike MacDonald - $20 - CIGI - Waterloo - 7:00 p.m.
- May 1: Free film viewing of 'Resilience' - Recital Hall at the Guelph Youth Music Centre - 7:30 p.m.
- May 2: Free SafeTALK training in Guelph - provided by our Education and Promotion - 6:00 p.m.- 9:30 p.m.
- May 3: Clint Malarchuk - Former NHL Goalie and Mental Health Advocate will be speaking at Bingemans - 7:00 p.m. Admission is $10
- May 4: Free 'Room to Breathe' Mindfulness film viewing and panel discussion - 7:00 p.m. Kitchener Public Library
- May 4th: Clint Malarchuk - Former NHL Goalie and Mental Health Advocate will be speaking at the Arthur Arena Hall – 7:00 p.m. - Admission by donation.
DCAFS is presenting:
- May 3rd – Sheldon Kennedy - former NHL Player and author of Why I Didn’t Say Anything will be speaking at the Caledon Ski Club. $100, all funds raised to support Dufferin Children’s Fund.
CMHA Dufferin Peel is hosting:
- May 3rd - A BBQ and Art Show at Edelbrock Centre. The BBQ is from 11:30 to 1 p.m. Hamburger, chips and drink for $5. Art show is from 11:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Have a SUPER Week!
Dr. Lynn Woodford is the Mental Health and Addiction Lead for the Upper Grand District School Board.
Follow Lynn on Twitter @drlynnwoodford