The Upper Grand District School Board’s Staggered Entry Process:
- Is a special timetable at the beginning of the school year designed to make the transition from home to school easier.
- Is organized so your child will come to school with only part of their class.
- Allows your child to interact with peers in a smaller group before he or she must interact with a larger, more formal group.
- Is designed to allow children to begin to learn routines.
- Allows the kindergarten teacher/ and ECE to get to know your child and his or her individual skills, needs and interests.
If you have any questions, please talk to your school about the staggered entry schedule.